Monthly video newsletter from President Damphousse
“Each month, I'll share several things that capture the Texas State University spirit: a video interview about a key initiative or priority, a profile of an exceptional Bobcat in NEXT Up, and a closer look at how we are advancing our noble mission to discover, teach, create, and serve. I’ll also share my Top Ten Moments, highlights of my favorite recent experiences exploring our campuses and interacting with Bobcats far and wide.” – Dr. Damphousse
Thursday, December 8, 2022
- VIDEO: Dr. Damphousse spoke with Dr. Valarie Fleming and Dan Schumacher about how profound Texas State graduation traditions are for our graduates, their loved ones, and for Bobcat alumni everywhere.
- Mission Moment: This fall, we formed numerous presidential commissions and task forces to take a strategic and proactive approach to tackle the challenges we face and leverage areas of vast potential. The new year will usher in exciting changes for our Round Rock Campus (RRC), which has tremendous potential for growth.
- Top Ten Moments: Highlights from December's Top Ten Moments include serving a midnight breakfast to students, and marking the 50th anniversary of our College of Health Professions, to ringing in the season with our Bobcat community.
- NEXT Up: Meet Benjamin Swann, a senior in the Ingram School of Engineering, and learn about his Senior Design Day project, the Fire-Bot.
Friday, November 18, 2022
- VIDEO: Dr. Damphousse interviewed Jimmy Sellers, the president of our student organization for veterans, about his service to our country and the importance of supporting veteran students.
- Mission Moment: At TXST, we have more than 3,600 students who are veterans or from military families. Several of our research, academic, and student programs are geared specifically toward serving veterans. TXST has repeatedly been recognized as a military-friendly institution.
- Top Ten Moments: The president’s favorite recent experiences included an exclusive School of Music event, a trip to The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, connecting with community programs and more.
- NEXT Up: Meet Ana Espinoza, a Dallas-native majoring in nutrition with a minor in Spanish. She’s an intern at Bobcat Bounty, the on-campus grocery-style food pantry for anyone in the university community experiencing food insecurity. Her service at Bobcat Bounty inspired her to pursue a career in community nutrition.
Friday, October 21, 2022
- VIDEO: Dr. Damphousse interviewed Katie Bulen, a senior in the School of Music, about her experience, motivation, and dreams for the future.
- Mission Moment: TXST boasts prestigious accolades in the performing arts. Our theatre graduates are performing on Broadway and in hit movies and TV shows, and numerous Grammy awards and nominations are held by faculty and staff.
- Top Ten Moments: The president’s favorite recent experiences included Seal of Excelencia celebrations, an ALERRT Center tour, Kindle with KDamp, and more.
- NEXT Up: Meet Whitney Okarfor, a sophomore nursing major, who encourages students to find their "home away from home" in the TXST community by joining student organizations.
Friday, September 23, 2022
- VIDEO: Dr. Damphousse interviewed Dr. Victoria Black, Associate Dean of Student Services in University College, about student support services available to Bobcats.
- Mission Moment: The Presidential Commission on Student Success was launched to increase retention and graduation rates, as well as students’ engagement, academic achievement, and wellbeing.
- Top Ten Moments: Testifying at the Texas Capitol, Hispanic Heritage Month, a helicopter ride over the Innovation Corridor, and more.
- NEXT Up: Meet Gabriel Webb, a California native and chemistry major. He’s one of the many driven and inspiring students who call TXST home.
Friday, August 19, 2022
- VIDEO: Dr. Damphousse interviewed TXST Chief Research Officer Dr. Shreek Mandayam about the university’s R1 aspirations in a high-tech Ingram Hall research lab.
- Mission Moment: The Run to R1 website was launched to explain TXST’s trajectory to the Carnegie R1 national research university designation.
- NEXT Up: Meet sophomore and business major Leslie Olalde, as she shares her experience welcoming freshmen as a Cat Camp leader and advice for fellow students.